Thursday, November 29, 2007

So noone told you life was gonna be this way....!!

This blog entry is dedicated to the greatest TV show of all times FRIENDS , a passion that most of us share.

I got addicted to the show here in college; the thought that four years of my stay here wouldn't be sufficiently utilised if I didn't make use of our LAN, had been troubling me for long and finally one fine day I too joined the long list of dedicated viewers of this small screen wonder!
No words of praise in my opinion would do justice to the effect the show creates, watching it is absolute pleasure, 20 minutes full of fun, frolic and laughter. The actors are all so lively making this reel drama seem so real and so close to the viewer. Each character is peculiar in his/her own way. We have Monica Gallor, who has transformed into this vivacious chef from an ordinary fat girl in high school. Her brother Ross Gallor who is a paleontologist struggles between failed relations and marriages but never does he give up his sincerity and his not so good sense of humour. Then there is Rachel Green, Ross' high school crush who joins these people as she runs from the altar on her wedding day and it is here that she changes from a spoilt rich kid to a responsible girl who makes her own living. Also accompanying these people is Chandler Bing who is intelligent and amazingly funny, in an interesting turn of incidences he finds his life partner in his close frind Monica. Joey Tribbiani comes as a bonus at the mention of Chandler; a budding actor who happens to be stupid but very innocent and not to forget his undying love for pizzas and sandwiches! And completing this group of friends is Phoebie Buffet, someone who has had a disastrous childhood but she leads a respectful life now and yeah doesn't miss even one chance to make sarcastic remarks at all! These characters add so much of life to the show. Monica's strict attitude for everything in order, Ross' attempts to save his marriages, Chandler's fantastic sense of humour, Joey's foolishness and his ability not to understand things, Rachel's tantrums, Phoebie's music(special mention to my favourite smelly cats); all these ingredients are more than enough to get one glued to the show.
All these people are so different from one another but they are attached by a common string, it is surprising to see how these people bond with each other but their togetherness does it all. These people have more to do than just entertain us with their presence. Their dediaction to each other gives a new definition to relations. No matter how hard circumstances are, they don't give up. They take life as it comes,no lessons from the past, no preparations for the future; present is all that they live for and perhaps that is why they actually live to the fullest.
The show has had a huge amount of influence on me, I have learned not to stick to things I used to earlier, forget bad times quickly and cling on to good memories for longer.
All in all the show absolutely rocks, incomparable and spellbinding. No conclusion could serve better than the lines...
"I'll be there for you when the rain starts to pour,
I'll be there for you like I've been there before,
I'll be there for you coz you're there for me too.."

HAPPY F.R.I.E.N.D.S !!

3 comments:

paranoid.android said...

I absolutely love friends as well, it's one of my favorite television shows. Chandler is so funny, he's my favorite!

Very well written post Ms. Joshi, love the way you brought out each character in such few words. and I'm happy you finally found interest in watching this Friends!!

Anurag said...

nice one..really..i stayed here in allahabad in summer..in scorching heat..and i could survive only because i watched arnd 6 seasons of it..

my fav char is CHANDLER BING.. :)..and phoebe too..

keep writing..and dont forget heroes..!!
--

Unknown said...

nice one mansi.....so nice..u knw i saw all d seasons twice...luv it.....:)