Thursday, August 28, 2008

Final year and the Baddy rituals! :D

We are the final years, the mighty mighty final years...
The sounds echo in my ears and I exclaim in ecstasy yippie, we are in final year now! Times we had been waiting for have finally arrived. Three years of hard work(not really :D) are over and here we are, breathing the air of freedom! Coming into final year, we witnessed several changes, change of rooms for instance.....we live on the ground floor now; the much coveted courtyard of the hostel is now ours.... it is accessible to one and all but our supremacy prevails!:):)
Now, associated with final year girls and the courtyard is the sport of badminton, our beloved baddy that happens to be the centre of this post. For the past three years I had never been active in any sports/games; but final year has brought in sudden transitions and that too surprising ones; the racquet I hadn't even touched is now a favourite with me, I like to play everyday, I like to serve shots(atleast I try to :P), I like being energetic and active on the court, I like the smash sounds when the shuttle cock hits the racquet, I am a little disappointed on giving a bad show, I wish to improve with every game....I realize I am engrossed in the game and I love this feeling!
The game means a lot of things to me, first and foremost I find it a good means of physical exercise, considering my repeated attempts to thin down, this could be a significant contributor. Then I pass some of time playing the game, a channel that helps me do away with boredom. Also a means through which I catch up with friends I otherwise didn't interact with much.
More importantly, I think the game would serve as a link between many of us batchees.....we play in the evenings, enjoy together, chit-chat.....we had never done all this before. We have now started connecting to each other, our joys are shared, we laugh together and cherish every moment of our final year! The feeling of being one batch has crept in and is being strengthened by baddy.
You know what badminton is not "bad" it is goodminton rather! :P
Thank you dear wonderful sport.....!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...cool blogs...so like u..[:)]..
and ya this has made me want to stretch my lazy bones a little and join our batch in the baddybonding..[:)]

paranoid.android said...

yes yes final year bonding!! and even i should make it a point to play "goodminton" more often ;)

Himank Sharma said...

This is just obnoxious.. When are you gonna enable the feature for other bloggers to comment on your post.. I am not gonna post till it happens..

linusvanpelt said...

i didnt know you were into sports!