Friday, August 8, 2008

And finally it rained..!:)

Quite a long time that I didn't blog, yeah I was busy for sometime, lazy on several occasions... and I can give numerous excuses! Right now, I am free and I am relaxed plus I am cool, thanks to the beautiful showers that blessed us lately!
I had stayed in my hostel for the two months of the summer break. The thoughts of the heat that would welcome me here in Allahabad had been haunting me since long, but I came to brave all conditions; to my very pleasant surprise, it rained and rained through June making life here really easy and comfortable. But then all good things last for a while and only a while!! July came and brought in some tormenting conditions back with it. There we were sweating all the time, trying to fan ourselves with all possible resources in a desperate attempt to beat the heat. It was getting difficult, almost impossible and especially because we lazy creatures hadn't shifted our coolers to our new rooms! Instead we chose to bear with the scorching heat and humidity...aahh! It had begun to seem that rains had been lost and the sun having defeated all the black clouds was dominating the sky. There was a solar eclipse a few days back, how I wished that the sun should keep hiding for a long time so that we on earth could have sighs of relief! But if wishes were horses, I would ride them!!
It was only two days back that we finally decided to get our coolers down. And after hours of wandering, we succeeded. The idea of filling the coolers with buckets(in the absence of our beloved pipe) was still bothering us...it could take us another couple of days to give up this part of our laziness.
But all our labour was saved....infact we were saved....it rained and it rained and it rained :)
The clouds poured down droplets like never before, the rain hit the ground and drenched us. We welcomed those showers of blessings with full heart. We had our celebrations, got wet and posed for pictures(our favourite climax to every event :D)
Thank you heavens for the downpour! We're relieved and we are blessed!

2 comments:

Sushant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sushant said...

A piece of writing cud mean a lot and still say nothing...and then there are posts like these whose freedom and carelessness depict the underlying happiness. Remain happy and keep blogging