Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wonder Years!

I am currently in my 3rd year of B.Tech, 6th semester to be more specific.This is one time of our lives that is supposed to be really hectic and stressful, I had been hearing this cliche since the day I had stepped here; realize now that this was nothing but hard core reality.
Times are a changing, they certainly are.Life had been so peaceful, only now it seems that commotion has creeped into it; not that I am labouring day and night but the fear and uncertainties occupy me 24*7.
I look back and try to recall my school days, when I was a free bird with no worries and responsibilities. Life was easy and convenient. While in nursery and kindergarten things like studies resided in the far far land; mummy was there to take the headache of completing the course a day before the exam, she would have sleepless nights if I didn't have my poems at my fingertips while I would play with fairies in my dreams.With passing years, I did take my studies on my shoulders but then nothing else could ever bother me; nothing about electricity or having to eat food that I don't like or washing clothes! I knew all my needs would be catered to; my job was only to finish my homework and be off to play in time :D
I thoroughly enjoyed my school life; talking as much as i do now(or perhaps even more), laughing at silly things, disturbing the whole library while I was in there with my bunch of friends and all sorts of fun and frolic. I only had immediate goals then , things like doing well in tests or scoring in board exams; there was nothing about future that bothered me, as if life was moving as per some pre-planning! Being at home, I was so secure and sure of everything.
Things have changed drastically now, I have to be responsible for everything that concerns me. There are worries about future now; how I wish I had a time machine to know before hand what is to unfold! I don't even how prepared I am to face things, I can only wait for time to tell.
All I can sum up after so many moments of speculation is that school days were the best days of my life, I wish I could get those times back....those wonderful wonder years!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Relax Mansi! U don't have to think so much about future. Everything falls into place as time passes by.
And why is it that everyone around me blogging on 'Wonder Years'. Am I the only one not affected by nostalgia :P

Unknown said...

It was a nice & sweet blog..Please continue..nostalgia & burden of responsibilities..
Dear MJ.. "with great power comes great responsibility"
-spiderman1
Keep that in mind ..and..I fully agree with the person above me.
:-)

paranoid.android said...

while we're kids, we always want to grow up for we get more freedom, but with freedom comes responsibility and once we do grow up, we want to be carefree kids again. The good ol' days...